Another Friday as I love them ... I spent all day at Namur. At the
Magic Tea precisely where Fanou and I were discussing this year's Workshops. While she took care of the store, I selected and tested the tea to be presented at the first workshop devoted to the 6 colors of tea. Although I have given this workshop, I do not want to take it back as it is also I do not want to go see the teas that had been chosen last year. Already when I was a teacher in another life, all my pleasure was to test 2 or 3 to choose only per family. The task would have been insurmountable if we stick to this single workshop, but it will be followed by a workshop on green teas from China and use of zhong, another on Japanese teas and use of hohin, kiusu and other chawan. THE family of oolong and preparation Gong Fu. We must think about how to make red teas, there are so many differences between teas from China and India. There may also be a workshop Pu Er. A still provided for cooking with tea. In short, what have wonderful moments of sharing and what my passion transmission.
Here's what I selected for this first workshop for white tea, it will be a Bai Mei Yin Zhen with long silvery leaves which gives a cup soft, light and very refreshing.
Green tea is a chosen Green Shell whose name comes from the shaping of leaves shaped like small shells, which gives a soft drink plant and with a slight bitterness.
For the large family of Oolong, my choice fell on a Four Seasons whose name indicates that this tea is harvested four times a year in many regions of Taiwan and Vietnam. Enough
skeptical at first, I'm not fan of "blends" I was amazed and pleasantly surprised with the result: one basic, which lacks the large aromatic palette of course, but it is very flowery, easy to drink.
Red tea is a Yunnan FOP whose leaves are rich in golden tips, but with the fragrance and saveurcaractéristiques of Yunnan. For teas
Post-fermented, it will be a Pu Er cooked in bulk. The smell that emanated from the bag was uninviting, there was a farm, especially near the stables, but again, a good surprise, scent and flavor of the tea looked more like the leather of the saddle horses than a little sickening smell of dry leaves. A very short break at noon Fanou is like me, she does not interrupt his work behind the scenes, there is still much to do.
When I'm about to put my notes in order, she brings me the surprise of the day. A
Dulce de Leche cup cake, one of my favorites!
Indeed, recently, customers Magic Tea can feast on the cup cakes made by the fairies in Lilicup ... Belle association with the tea, and then between the Magician and fairies, this could only walk ... A delicious
Tie Kwan Yin fall, and we return to our tasks, Fanou administration and for me writing the booklet to be distributed to participants of this initial workshop. When work is passion are one, life is beautiful ! Thank you dear Fanou for this collaboration and the friendship that binds.
0 comments:
Post a Comment